[c-nsp] 6500 sup32 v sup720

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Aug 7 18:09:17 EDT 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Pete Templin wrote:

> Having "grown up" in a world of RSP4s and GRP-Bs, which AFAIK won't boot to
> ATA media, do any CF cards work, or are there rules & restrictions on the
> flavors that work?  I.e. can I "recycle" my 512MB digital camera cards and be
> happy?

AFAIK, any Type 1 CF will work.  512s and 256s are so cheap, I'd just buy
new ones though.  Cards do go bad eventually, and especially one that's
been used in a digicam (lots of write/read/erase...) may be more "worn"
than typical router use would do.  I've personally only seen one CF card
develop problem causing bad sectors.