[c-nsp] Cisco Catalyst Classic GigEth linecard question

Affan Basalamah affanzbasalamah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:37:48 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I just want to know how WS-X6148A-GE-TX and WS-X6148-GE-TX manages its
gigabit controller. So far I knew that these linecards has 8:1
subscription, so it only support full gigabit capacity in every 6
port.

If my sentences above is correct, am I able to guarantee full gigabit
capacity for some servers (very few server, only 4 server at least) by
putting first server in either port 1 to 6, second server in either
port 7 to 12, third server on port 13 to 18, and fourth server on port
19 to 24 ??

Thanks for the info,

-affan