[c-nsp] 6500 iBGP mesh

Oliver Dewdney oliver.dewdney at lbicon.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 07:23:30 EDT 2006

How would one get assurances that Cisco are going to address this issue,
when in two years time we reach ~240k routes, and when it can be fixed in
software by aggregating the routes? Taking our Level 3 BGP feed of 189k
routes I can reduce it down to 46k routes by aggregating routes into bigger
prefixes. Doing this should also improve software forwarding as well as it
should be a shallower search.

Oli Dewdney
LBIcon