[c-nsp] sup720 12.2(33)SRA RIB weirdness

Peter Salanki peter.salanki at bahnhof.net
Tue Aug 15 02:22:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm I the only one who have noticed that SRA is bad at keeping RIB
synchronized with config?

Yesterday I removed an IP address from a SVI (removed both primary
and secondary IP on that interface), and replaced it with only the
old secondary IP. This was done with all the traditional "no"
commands. This morning people behind that router started complaining
that they couldn't reach the 1.2.3.0 subnet, which was moved to
another router. After some troubleshooting, I found that a sh ip ro
claimed that 1.2.3.0 was still directly connected on the old router.
A clear ip route 1.2.3.0 255.255.254.0 solved it.

Config before:

int vlan 3
ip address 1.2.3.0 255.255.254.0
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0 secondary

Config after:

int vlan 3
ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0

Next issue is with tags, I have one route map at ospf-redistribution
and one at bgp-redistribution. If no tag is set, it will be
redistributed into OSPF, and not BGP, if tag 100 is set, it will be
redistributed only into BGP. If I already have a route in config
without a tag, and do "ip route <network> tag 100" without doing "no
ip route <network>" first, OSPF will stop redistributing but BGP
won't announce it. If I first remove the old route, and then enter it
again with tag, it all works. Pretty annoying though.

Config before:

ip route 3.3.3.0 255.255.255.0

Config after:

ip route 3.3.3.0 255.255.255.0 tag 100

At last, I'm curious if anyone got user-based microflow policing to
work in SRA.

Sincerely

Peter Salanki
Chief Network Engineer