[c-nsp] Netcordia Net-MRI anyone?

everett dowd edowd at cox.net
Thu Aug 17 17:41:29 EDT 2006

We have had this box for over two years and we have found it VERY helpful in
monitoring and making sure that the stability improves in any network. The
system provides you a 1-10 value on the stability of your network and lets
you know everything that is going on including memory issues, buffers
tuning, changed configurations, routing stability, just to mention a few of
the L3 features. On the L2 front, it will discover any mismatched VLANS and
lets you know what needs to be done to correct many of the problems.

We are going to get the larger system as there is a port/device limit and
Netcordia will upgrade and work with you when you need more power to add to
your network. The support is really good and if you are looking for a
feature, you just need to let them know and if the demand is there, they
will get it into development. The one thing that they have introduced in the
past year is support to monitor VoIP and let you know if there are any
issues.

I strongly recommend this if you want to make sure that your network is
stable and you actually want something that works well. If you have multiple
people that do work on the infrastructure, this is the one that can track
the changes pretty well and let you know when something got done.

HTH

Everett Dowd