[c-nsp] Can anyone help with this issue (AS5400XM)

Shane@Doretel sbreen at doretel.com
Fri Aug 18 11:44:12 EDT 2006

I'm interested in an AS5400XM chassis.  I would like to use the gateway as a TDM switching platform.  Primarily use it to route traffic from 3 8CE1 cards out to 1 CT3A card.  I will use a PGW-2200 for signaling.

I would configure an f-link on one of the channels on the CT3A card out to the customer (SS7).

I would configure an f-link on one of the channels on one of the 8CE1 cards out to the customer (C7) and basically route traffic in one TDM port and out to the other.  I do not think there is a need for DSP as there is no need for them for SS7 to SS7 TDM switching on the platform.

Let me know if this is supported. I called Cisco TAC and could not get a straight answer:(

Thanks in advance!

Shane Breen
Doretel Communications, Inc.
Director of Sales & Marketing