[c-nsp] 3600 +CF/ADP

George Smith george.s at turkonline.net
Mon Aug 21 10:48:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the replies to my inquiry about NPE-400. I don't have
performance problems with NPE-300, but since NPE-300 is not supported in
recent IOS versions, I'm thinking about replacing them with NPE-400s,
which will be a cheaper solution then upgrading to NPE-G1 or NPE-G2.

I tried using a CF adaptor with a 256 MB CF on a 3660 to no success.
Error message in sh ver output is :

%Error: No PCMCIA Slot0 flash chip information available

I used the same adaptor on a 7206VXR, NPE-300 without any problems. Has
anybody tried using CF with adaptor on 3600s ?

Thanks.