[c-nsp] VOIP QoS problem

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Aug 27 19:30:38 EDT 2006

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Eric Kagan wrote:

> We have several customers that utilize service with a 3rd party VOIP
> provider.  We have applied a very simple QoS policy (below) to several
> customers interfaces on our Cisco 7206VXR's as well as the CPE.  One

What kind of CPE?  Assuming "low end cisco gear", are they doing "ip cef"?
Are their ethernets 100FD, going into 100BaseT switches?  If by 3rd party
VOIP, you mean some VOIP provider out on the internet, how's the
connectivity between you and them?  As implied in another reply, show
policy-map interface on the interfaces with service-policy applied will
show you packet counters for prefered traffic and default-class traffic,
which will tell you if your QoS policy is "working" at all.