[c-nsp] T-1 module card for Cisco 2811

nealr neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sat Dec 2 13:25:17 EST 2006

   That is a correct part number for the 28xx series. The older
VWIC-2MFT would not work.

   The card provides two channelized T1 controllers. If one wanted to
use these for data the steps would be defining the channels used which
will create a 'virtual' serial interface. If the desired effect is 3
mbits full duplex I would do this by assigning a /30 to each end of each
circuit then using equal cost routing to load balance the links. There
may be some clever way to bond them with PPP so that the pair look like
a single interface but, alas, I am not terribly clever.

Setting up controllers for data:

controller T1 0/0/0
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24
!
controller T1 0/0/1
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

Example of how a serial interface created using the above commands would
appear.

interface Serial0/0/0:0
 ip addr 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0