[c-nsp] SVI or not SVI

Brendan Mannella bmannella at g3tech.net
Sat Dec 2 22:02:54 EST 2006

Hello,

I am in the process of configuring my new Cisco Cat 6504 with Sup32.
Interface 2/48 is going to be connected to my interface on my Juniper border
router. Something like this…

Juniper M10 ---> Cat 6504

My question is, what is the proper way to do this connection? Should int
2/48 be a switchport and then create a SVI with the ip address. Or should it
NOT be a switchport and I configure the ip directly on the interface. But if
I place the ip directly on the interface, then I am unable to use the
“switchport mode access” and “switchport access vlan XX” on the interface.

Thanks,

Brendan