[c-nsp] what's the right way to redistribute certain bgp prefixedinto ospf?

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Wed Dec 6 12:55:12 EST 2006

>> (Basically I have one site announcing the supernet /20 and another
>> site with a different ASN announcing the /22.  My BGP speaking
>> routers have no problem with it but my OSPF-only routers are only
>> seeing the nailed up /20.  So I need some way to get the remote /22
>> into the IGP here.)
>
> well, have you evaluated other options, like not announcing the /20 into
> your IGP and have the OSPF-only nodes follow a default to the next BGP
> core router?

No, I hadn't thought about that -

My inside core routers only speak OSPF and are the ones with the nailed
up /20.  My border routers, therefore, only announce that if they have a
working OSPF with the core routers.

I hesitate to move the /20 static to the border routers but perhaps
there's an all together better way to do this?