[c-nsp] OT: Longest Up Time

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Dec 6 13:21:33 EST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 12:59:26PM -0500, Adam Piasecki wrote:
> I was checking on some of my switches today, and noticed this.  Certainly
> the longest I've ever seen, but I'm pretty young. I wasn't even 21 yet when
> this was turned on.. ;)
>
> Thank you Cisco for making some darn good equipment!
>
> switch02 uptime is 3 years, 28 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes
> System returned to ROM by power-on
> System restarted at 11:00:50 EST Tue May 20 2003

*g* youngsters...

Cisco-XXXX uptime is 5 years, 30 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes
System image file is "slot0:c7200-k3p-mz.120-16.S1.bin"

(This is a 7206/NPE150 that's terminating customer E1 lines, and it's
working perfectly well since the day it has been set up in that rack,
about 5 years and 32 weeks ago... - and yes, we are aware that the IOS
has security issues, but given the fact that all known issues can
be ACLed and the ACLs are in place, *not* upgrading the box for every
single IOS issue brought our customers much more stability)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de