[c-nsp] Backup/redundant internet connection

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Wed Dec 13 05:51:28 EST 2006

>     I understand how to configure NAT but that doesn't answer
> the question.
> The question was how to configure NAT on a loopback interface
> and then route
> the outbound traffic to that loopback interface.

But why would you need to do that?

If you want it go out of one WAN interface or the other, but be NATed to
have a source address of the loopback, you don't need to have the loopback
as an outside interface, or route traffic via it.  You just need to tell NAT
to make the source of the packets the address of the loopback, which is what
Paul's config does and my notes were trying to explain.

If you're trying to achieve something else, what?

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim.franklin at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Network Development &        w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Product Engineering          t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876