[c-nsp] 12.2.33SRA: eompls vs. ospf ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Thu Dec 14 10:09:12 EST 2006

Hi!

Yesterday we migrated one of our routers (6500/Sup720/pfc3bxl)
from 12.2(17d)SXB11 to 12.2(33)SRA1, reconfigured client's
eompls connection from SVI-based to Subinterface/MUX-UNI-based,
and everyting seemed to work... Before client argued that his
OSPF stopped to work over his eompls circuit, while unicast data
still works well :(

Configuration is trivial enough, before migration it was

int vlan NNN
 xconnect A.B.C.D NNN encapsulation mpls
after migration:
int poA.NNN
 xconnect A.B.C.D NNN encapsulation mpls

Any ideas why OSPF may stop to work over eompls ?
Interworking type is ethernet, so, all ethernet frames should
be transmitted from one end to another, even without mac-learning..