[c-nsp] 12.2.33SRA: eompls vs. ospf ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Mon Dec 18 06:20:37 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:39:47PM +0100, Pascal Gloor wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
>  > > everyting seemed to work... Before client argued that his OSPF
>  > > stopped to work over his eompls circuit, while unicast data still
>  > > works well :(
>
> I've had a similar situation but in pure L2 switching. For some
> reason vlan pruning was enabled on VTP Transparent switches.

If it was with cat3524xl or 2924xl - there is (was?) a known bug, that
enabling vtp pruning effectively kills multicast...
Anyway, all our switches are in vtp transparent and vtp pruning is disabled.

> Unicast was working well but not Multicast (due to pruning). Could this be
> related somehow?

I don't think so, for two reasons:
a) the only change in client connectivity between his endpoints was the
ios upgrade on one of our 6509's.
b) multicast connectivity works good, but not for packets with "ip protocol"
field of OSPF/EIGRP...

> You xconnect is on a vlan or physical or sub-interface?

on subinterface on one side, on interface vlan on other side.