[c-nsp] 3750 with high CPU

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:06:48 EST 2006

On 12/18/06, Ed Butler <ed.butler at rapidswitch.com> wrote:
> We had this before - it was a real pain to track down. On our 3750s it
> turned out that we were running out of TCAM space for IPv4 routes. What
> do these two commands show?

#sh ip arp summ
41 IP ARP entries, with 0 of them incomplete

#sh sdm prefer
 The current template is "desktop default" template.
 The selected template optimizes the resources in
 the switch to support this level of features for
 8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.

  number of unicast mac addresses:                  6K
  number of IPv4 IGMP groups + multicast routes:    1K
  number of IPv4 unicast routes:                    8K
    number of directly-connected IPv4 hosts:        6K
    number of indirect IPv4 routes:                 2K
  number of IPv4 policy based routing aces:         0
  number of IPv4/MAC qos aces:                      512
  number of IPv4/MAC security aces:                 1K

#sh ip route summary
IP routing table name is Default-IP-Routing-Table(0)
IP routing table maximum-paths is 32
        Networks    Subnets     Overhead    Memory (bytes)
Total           96          1244        84072       254680

#sh ip route vrf <one client> summary
Total           35          3           2368        6796

#sh ip route vrf <another client> summary
Total           9           8           1024        3604

#sh vlan summary
Number of existing VLANs           : 75
Number of existing VTP VLANs      : 74
Number of existing extended VLANs : 1