[c-nsp] EAPS or equivalent on Cisco?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Mon Dec 18 18:08:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I was just looking at some marketing material for Extreme Networks
BlackDiamond switches. They support something called EAPS or Ethernet
Automatic Protection Switching. They state it is superior to STP or RSTP
offering less than 50ms recovery time making the recovery more like
SONET. I was wondering if Cisco supports this or some other equivalent
technology on their switches.

Thanks!

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain