[c-nsp] HSRP and dhcp-relay question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Dec 23 06:44:53 EST 2006

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 11:00:23AM +0200, Mihai Tanasescu wrote:
> Because of the 2 ip helper-address statements I get 2 DHCP requests that
> are identical.

Yes, unavoidable (<insert plea for 'make HSRP standby interface inactive
regarding all other IP functions'>).

> Is there any way to make a single request happen and to have it
> forwarded with SRC IP == standby IP ?

As far as I can tell, no.

OTOH, in our own experience, this doesn't seem to to harm - we've run
this with ISC DHCPD and with MacOS X Server DHCPD, and in both cases,
both replies are identical, and the clients don't seem to mind.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de