[c-nsp] 2970 turns into a hub for a few moments

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:27:03 EST 2006

Hello,

Can you try and Isolate each of the switches, this may helpyou pinpoint the
source of the problem. Its basic but its helped me many times. You will need
to disconnect live network users.
Also you can try and see if there is a trend, does it happen during peak
usage hours or is it happening throughout the day, including low usage
times.

Regards

Raymond

On 12/28/06, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists <lists at hojmark.org> wrote:

> > Well, since there have been no topology changes [...]
>
> Are all access ports configured with 'spanning-tree portfast'?
> Otherwise, you might be seeing a lot more TCNs than you're
> expecting...
>
> Check 'sh spann vl X det' before and after an occurrence of the
> problem to make sure you are in fact not seeing topology changes.
>
> -A

Raymond Macharia