[c-nsp] EoMPLS QoS

Raj Panchal raj.panchal at vsnl.co.in
Wed Feb 15 09:10:48 EST 2006

Hello,

Has any body deployed QoS for EoMPLS ERS on Cisoc 76xx series

I am trying to do so but facing problem.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Also I would request you to help me with Egress Policy to convert EXP bits
back into CoS bits to be handed over to customer.

In this requirement, the customer will be terminated on the PE itself, there
is no involvement of U-PE. The CE will be sending us traffic with different
CoS bit which we need to honor and convert into appropriate Class of Service
in our Core end to end.

For this we want to know:

1)       Appropriate configuration required on PE - 76xx

2)       Appropriate configured required on PE - 7206 VXR

Actual Setup Required

================

CE1 ---- PE1 ----- MPLS N/W ----- PE2 --- CE2

PE1 = Cisco 7606 with WS-6724 Gigabit Ethernet module as customer facing
line card

PE2 = Cisco 76xx with WS-X6748-GE-TX      48 Port Gig Ethernet module

Current Test Setup

==============

CE1 ---- PE1 ----- MPLS N/W ----- PE2 --- CE2

PE1 = Cisco 7606 with WS-6724 Gigabit Ethernet module as customer facing
line card

PE2 = Cisco 7206 with Gigabit Ethernet Module

ERS would be setup between two PE , on PE1 I shall be using SVI to setup a
VC whereas on Cisco 7206 I shall be using dot1q sub-if .

Below is the QoS config I have configured.

class-map match-any BestEffort-EoMPLS

match cos 0 7

class-map match-any Business-EoMPLS

match cos 1 2

class-map match-any Multimedia-EoMPLS

match cos 3 4

class-map match-any Realtime-EoMPLS

match cos 5

!

policy-map EoMPLS

class Realtime-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 5
exceed-action drop

class Multimedia-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 4
exceed-action drop

class Business-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 2
exceed-action drop

class BestEffort-EoMPLS

police cir 128000 bc 8000 be 8000 conform-action set-mpls-exp-transmit 0
exceed-action drop

The policy map has been applied in input direction on PE1 and PE 2 below is
the config for the same

PE 1

interface Vlan300

 no ip address

 load-interval 30

 xconnect 192.168.196.6 300 encapsulation mpls

 service-policy input EoMPLS

end

PE 2

interface GigabitEthernet0/2.300

 encapsulation dot1Q 300

 no ip directed-broadcast

 no cdp enable

 xconnect 192.168.196.37 300 encapsulation mpls

 service-policy input EoMPLS

end

Problem Statement

=============

On the 7606 PE ( PE1 ) , I am not able to see any traffic being matched in
any of the class , not even in default class (considering that CoS setting
from the CE can have problems) . Also on the PE 1 the "show policy-map
interface vlan 300" command doesn't displays that mpls exp bit imposition
configuration value though it has been configured on the CLI.

#sh policy-map interface vlan 300

 Vlan300

  Service-policy input: EoMPLS

    class-map: Realtime-EoMPLS (match-any)

      Match: cos  5

      police :

        128000 bps 8000 limit 8000 extended limit

    class-map: Multimedia-EoMPLS (match-any)

      Match: cos  3  4

      police :

        128000 bps 8000 limit 8000 extended limit

    class-map: Business-EoMPLS (match-any)

      Match: cos  1  2

      police :

        128000 bps 8000 limit 8000 extended limit

    class-map: BestEffort-EoMPLS (match-any)

      Match: cos  0  7

      police :

        128000 bps 8000 limit 8000 extended limit

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)

      0 packets, 0 bytes

      30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: any

In contrast to this , on 7206 VXR I am able to see the proper output for
"show policy-map interface g0/2.300"

#sh policy-map interface g0/2.300

 GigabitEthernet0/2.300

  Service-policy input: EoMPLS (1132)

    Class-map: Realtime-EoMPLS (match-any) (1133/9)

      0 packets, 0 bytes

      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: cos  5  (1134)

        0 packets, 0 bytes

        5 minute rate 0 bps

      police:

          cir 128000 bps, bc 8000 bytes

        conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          set-mpls-exp-transmit 5

        exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          drop

        conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps

    Class-map: Multimedia-EoMPLS (match-any) (1136/8)

      40343 packets, 41776766 bytes

      5 minute offered rate 35000 bps, drop rate 5000 bps

      Match: cos  3  4  (1137)

        40343 packets, 41776766 bytes

        5 minute rate 35000 bps

      police:

          cir 128000 bps, bc 8000 bytes

        conformed 36109 packets, 35494384 bytes; actions:

          set-mpls-exp-transmit 4

        exceeded 4234 packets, 6282382 bytes; actions:

          drop

        conformed 29000 bps, exceed 5000 bps

    Class-map: Business-EoMPLS (match-any) (1139/7)

      0 packets, 0 bytes

      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: cos  1  2  (1140)

        0 packets, 0 bytes

        5 minute rate 0 bps

      police:

          cir 128000 bps, bc 8000 bytes

        conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          set-mpls-exp-transmit 2

        exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          drop

        conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps

    Class-map: BestEffort-EoMPLS (match-any) (1142/6)

      0 packets, 0 bytes

      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: cos  0  7  (1143)

        0 packets, 0 bytes

        5 minute rate 0 bps

      police:

          cir 128000 bps, bc 8000 bytes

        conformed 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          set-mpls-exp-transmit 0

        exceeded 0 packets, 0 bytes; actions:

          drop

        conformed 0 bps, exceed 0 bps

    Class-map: class-default (match-any) (1145/0)

      0 packets, 0 bytes

      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: any  (1146)

        0 packets, 0 bytes

        5 minute rate 0 bps

Disclaimer note on content of this message including enclosure(s) and attachments(s): The contents of this e-mail are the privileged and confidential material of VSNL. The information is solely intended for the individual/entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be aware that you are not authorized in any which way whatsoever to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. We apologize if  you have received this e-mail in error and would request you to please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.  The views expressed in this e-mail message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of VSNL. This e-mail message including attachment(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus and VSNL is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use