RES: [c-nsp] bursting and accounting

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at cyberops.biz
Fri Feb 17 19:03:24 EST 2006

Hi Murilo,

On Friday 17 February 2006 22:08, Murilo Antonio Pugliese wrote:
> Is there any concerning or restriction regarding deploying the same
> Class-Based Policing on both directions, input and output, @ the same
> interface ?

There are no problems with applying the same policy inbound / outbound.
Although in general the queuing / policing / marking policies are better
applied outbound (they take less CPU and are more efficient) as routers are
generally buffering outbound and receiving inbound. Certain fancies features
sometimes don't work inbound (like WFQ).

> I wonder what means the statement below:
>
> 	Class-Based Policing will not be executed for traffic that passes through
> an interface.

I suspect that this is just a strangely-worded sentence, in fact elsewhere it
says that CBR on 7500 series won't have an effect on traffic going to / from
the router proc.

cheers
/rolf

> Found at: Class-Based Policing