[c-nsp] Is there any Cisco router that can..

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Sat Feb 18 22:32:15 EST 2006

Mohsen A. Momeni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any cisco router that can send the Dialup user ip to LDAP (or
> RADIUS) after authentication?

All cisco routers can send the IP address of the dialup user to the
RADIUS server. Its called radius accounting.

Use a radius server that hooks to a ldap or sql backend.

> I know that routers can send the NAS IP to AAA servers, but I need the
> user ip (which is chosen from IP pool after auth) be sent to AAA
> server after authentication.

See Framed-IP-Address in your radius accounting "detail" file entries.

Something like this.

aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting update periodic 5
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
aaa accounting system default start-stop group radius