[c-nsp] Switching paths

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Feb 20 17:10:25 EST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 09:32:04AM -0500, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> At around the last release of 12.4T fastswitching will be entirely removed
> and you will have CEF and process level switching and that's it.
> Also there will be some improvements to help tell why some packets are
> punted out of the CEF path.

Cool.

[..]
> > * ACL's
> > * ACL's with 'log' as one of the keywords, does this have an impact if the match
> > is achieved before the log statement?
>
> Correct. Do NOT use the log keyword. Use netflow to match on dstif Null0 if
> you need accounting.

Looking forward to have this really working - right now, I see correctly
switched packets show up in the netflow tables with "dstif null0"...
(12.2(18)S and 12.3(something)).

Do more recent netflow versions show things like "was dropped due to
ACL number 12345"?  Or just "was dropped due to ACL"?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de