[c-nsp] Confirming an IOS ssh key?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Fri Feb 24 17:45:50 EST 2006

After setting up SSH on an IOS device, is it possible to get a
key fingerprint or otherwise dump out the key so you can either
match the fingerprint the first time you log in to the device from
a Unix machine, or pre-initialize the contents of your "known_hosts"
file so the router is recognized immediately without an annoying warning?

I found "show crypto key mypubkey rsa" in the CLI, but I don't see
how I can use that information.  I note with regret that the keys
are marked non-exportable in the output.