[c-nsp] RANCID and SEC (Simple Event Correlator)

Brian Mengel bmengel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:50:46 EST 2006

Is anyone out there using RANCID and SEC (Simple Event Correlator) to help
perform change management on their Cisco devices?  I'm looking to set this
up but having some problems with the SEC config.  My goal is to configure it
so that SEC runs RANCID against a router when SEC sees a SYS-5-CONFIG_I
message come across in syslog from that router.   The only caveat being that
it should avoid running RANCID three times if three SYS-5-CONFIG_I messages
arrive in rapid succession.  I believe this is possible with the SEC, but
the precise config is escaping me.

If anyone has any SEC config examples that could handle this and wouldn't
mind forwarding them to me, it would be much appreciate