[c-nsp] GRE tunnel problem

gk at ax.tc gk at ax.tc
Fri Jul 7 12:58:55 EDT 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 16:56, Wolfgang Roth wrote:
> Excerpt from configuration on router 1:

> !
> interface Loopback1
>  ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
> !
> interface Tunnel0
>  no ip address
>  ip access-group 104 in
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip accounting access-violations
>  ip tcp adjust-mss 1436
>  ntp disable
>  keepalive 10 3
>  tunnel source Loopback1
>  tunnel destination 5.6.7.8
> !
>
> Excerpt from configuration on router 2:

> !
> interface Loopback1
>  ip address 5.6.7.8 255.255.255.255
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
> !
> interface Tunnel0
>  no ip address
>  ip access-group 104 in
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip accounting access-violations
>  ip tcp adjust-mss 1436
>  ntp disable
>  keepalive 10 3
>  tunnel source Loopback1
>  tunnel destination 1.2.3.4
> !

What does "sh ip route 5.6.7.8" on router1 and "sh ip route 1.2.3.4" on
router2 display when your serials are down? Can you ping/trace the IPs?

One more hint: one of our uplink ISPs have assigned us an IP that is _not_
reachable from the internet - it is _only_ reachable from directly connected
networks.

- --
Gerald     (AX.TC)     http://ax.tc/pgp