[c-nsp] Best Router for 3-6 gigabit ethernet interface routing?

Chris Serafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Fri Jul 7 20:05:13 EDT 2006

I need to find a solution for internal gigabit routing. I only need 3
gigabit ethernet interfaces currently, which will be moving iSCSI and
massive traffic transfers during periods of the day.  We currently have
4 3750's which I will stack.  [Can the L3 3750's take care of this? The
switches will be full gig ports with TONS of traffic....would adding
routing and ACL's  with  gigabit traffic routing degrade these boxes too
much.]

I want a chassis system but I have no use for all that port density.   I
was thinking a 2851 or a 38xx..    Could I use a 28xx with maxed memory
and is there a GIG ethernet WIC card????

Thanks for any comments,

Chris Serafin
IT Security / Cisco VoIP Engineer
chris at chrisserafin.com