[c-nsp] Sup32 and IOS 12.2

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jul 9 07:09:14 EDT 2006

Tim Stevenson wrote:
> sup-bootflash is upgraded with WS-CF-UPG=
>

> There is no good reason I can think of to u/g the bootflash.

As has been discussed earlier, people are seeing significantly higher
read speeds from sup-bootflash: than disk0/1: which translates directly
to a faster return to service after a reload.

Does this tally with what cisco know to be the case? It is my
understanding that the CF controllers on the Sup720 will never get
 >1Mb/sec regardless of the card used?

It would be significantly less of an issue if the modular IOS had any
features beyond IP base ;o) As it is, if I reload one of our sup720
boxes, it's gone for >4 minutes. Ouch.