[c-nsp] Funk's Steel-Belted

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sun Jul 9 16:33:27 EDT 2006

Brian Desmond wrote:
> No it's not 25K per license (pretty sure not even that if you bought it
> retail)...Just use the built in Windows RADIUS service, it's called
> Internet Authentication Service. I have a lot of Cisco gear talking to
> that RADIUS flavor without any issue. It also is AD integrated if that's
> your primary source of authentication in your organization.

For business and maybe enterprise, the Windows IAS is good.  I don't
think any service provider would even consider it because it has nothing
more than basic authentication functionality.

And yes, Funk RADIUS is really that expensive.  The base model is around
$5,000 a license (perhaps the enterprise), but I know they have another
license (maybe service provider) that's about $25,000 per license.  It's
been while but I remember it being in that range, I reluctantly had to
purchase it for a set of servers about six years ago.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Logic:   The art of being wrong with confidence...