[c-nsp] Control Plane Policing

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Fri Jun 2 05:34:11 EDT 2006

On (2006-06-02 10:53 +0200), hjan wrote:

> Here in italy is holiday so next monday i do other test, and  i try CoPP
> rules per slot.
> Just a little question, do you use CoPP in a production environment?

 No not at the moment, currently we only run it on 7600 where it
appears to function in quite a bit more consistant way and
where it's also done in harwdare as opposed to LC CPU's.
 Yet when looking all the restrictions CoPP has, there's
quite a bit for catching up to do when comparing to
Juniper. CRS-1 definitely looks promising in this respect,
having RFC3682 in hardware and whatnot. Also I think
that GSR/IOS-XR does CoPP in hardware, but I'm not 100%
sure.

--
  ++ytti