[c-nsp] 7206VXR NPE upgrade

Nicolas VISENTIN visentin at tasfrance.com
Mon Jun 5 06:08:35 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a cisco 7206VXR router which is running with a Network Processing
Engine 300. I need to upgrade this Network Processing Engine 300 by
Network Processing Engine 400 (more memory).
This router is currently running the IOS Version 12.2(25)S4 and Boot
Helper Version 12.0(10)S.
Had I to upgrade my IOS and my Boot helper images ?
According to Cisco website NPE400 runs with this IOS release, but it is
the first time I do this upgrade and I would not like to crash the router !

Thx for your help.