[c-nsp] BGP Best Practice

Danny Vernals danny.vernals at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 06:50:05 EDT 2006

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a good document that sets out BGP best practice for
Internet useage?

I'm specifically looking for something that states policy regarding intra-AS
routing i.e. that all eBGP speakers must be connected together via iBGP or
at worst some kind of redistribution into and out of an IGP.

I've had a brief scan of RFC1771 and 1772 and can't find anything that
states this clearly (although it is hinted at in more than one area)

("*The use of the term Autonomous System here stresses the fact that … the
administration of an AS appears to other ASs to have a single coherent
interior routing plan and presents a consistent picture of what destinations
are reachable through it"*  from 1771 is the best I could find)

Cheers

Danny