[c-nsp] Cisco IOS DHCP server && setting MTU size

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Jun 8 04:50:48 EDT 2006

> Joe Maimon already replied that you can put it only on the PPPoE
> interface. We have no experience with that although it may be a
> better method. I simply do not know.

Isn't that the case for 'mtu / ip mtu' rather than 'ip tcp mss-adjust'?

We do the former on tunnel / PPPoX dialer / whatever else where we're stuck
with a link in the middle that won't pass 1500 bytes, and *usually* PMTUD
does exactly what it's supposed to.

The problem is when damnfool "security experts" drink from the "all ICMP is
Eeeeevil!" kool-aid and block the responses...

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876