[c-nsp] Cisco nbar - How to detect media streamings

Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar jaime at ulima.edu.pe
Fri Jun 23 17:42:36 EDT 2006

Thank you Ray.
I've already configured nbar and I am aware of the protocols it can
detect.However,the problem is that 90% of the traffic from Internet to
my LAN is HTTP.Obviously these are not web browsing , these are in great
part several other protocols embedded into http, such as downloading
from content delivery services for youtube (which makes blocking youtube
with a nbar http url *youtube* ineffective measure),internet music radio
stations such as www.pandora.com ,other p2p protocols running in
tcp/80).

Thank you anyways,