[c-nsp] NETCONF over SSHv2 in 12.2(33)SRA - really?

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Mon Jun 26 09:11:45 EDT 2006

According to the 12.2(33)SRA release notes (thanks for the pointer,
RAS!), NETCONF over SSHv2 support should be in this release.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6922/prod_release_note09186a00806c096f.html#wp3710371

Without success, I tried to find the configuration commands
(e.g. "netconf ssh") in the Advanced IP or Advanced Enterprise images
for Sup720.  None of the NETCONF-related commands seem to be there.

Cisco Feature Navigator (www.cisco.com/go/cfn) is less than helpful:

"Search by feature" for "NETCONF over SSHv2" returns 290 results, but
they are all 12.4(9)T images, and all for platforms other than the
Catalyst 6500 or the 7600 OSR (except for a "7600-CMM", but I assume
that is just a Call Manager Module for the 7600).

"Search by software" doesn't know about 12.2(33)SRA at all.

"Search by platform" for "7600-SUP720/MSFC3" does list "NETCONF over
SSHv2"(!), but there doesn't seem to be any way from there to finding
out on which release/feature-set combinations that feature is
implemented.

So does anybody know more about the state of NETCONF support on the
7600 platform?
--
Simon.