[c-nsp] 7200VXR bandwidth points

Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se Fredrik.Jacobsson at enskilda.se
Tue Jun 27 04:52:08 EDT 2006

Hi!

How can one tell if oversubscribing bandwidth points causes drops on the
bus?
Is there a CLI command? Or perhaps SNMP?

I just got my hands of a couple of routers that is in production and uses
1400 (!!!) points on one bus and 570 points on the other. But no complaints
from
users or in the log. I was thinking if it would be better to rebalance the
cards to 970/1000 instead, but I'd prefer not to touch it until I have
another
7200 to take some load off it.

So...how do I see that/if the overload causes problems?

Best regards
/Fredrik

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If your are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that
reading it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its content to any other person, is strictly unauthorised.
If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender by reply e-mail and then immediately delete this
e-mail (including any attachments). E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, tampering and virus, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception, amendment,
tampering or virus or the consequences thereof.