[c-nsp] max routes on 76K platform

Sebastian Abt sabt at sabt.net
Wed Jun 28 16:15:15 EDT 2006

* Jon Lewis wrote:
> It would make sense.  For people using 76Ks for internet routing, but
> who don't need any more bandwidth than the classic bus permits, why
> spend the extra $ on a Sup720-3bxl.

Exactly that's the point.  We'd appreciate seeing a Sup32-3BXL.  7k6
with Sup32 would be a great router for us, but 256k TCAM entries is a
bit tight.  Only alternative I see TCAM-wise is Foundry MLX with 512k
entries.  I defenitely know from 3 other ISPs over here in Germany who
would appreciate a Sup32-3BXL and I guess there are many others out
there as well.

I really wonder what are Ciscos future plans wrt Sup32.

regards,
sebastian

--
SABT-RIPE   PGPKEY-D008DA9C