[c-nsp] Service-policy bandwidth command on vlan interface

William Jackson wjackson at sapphire.gi
Thu Jun 29 09:02:25 EDT 2006

I have a service-policy using several classes and the bandwidth xxx
command.

This is to allocate a guaranteed slice of bandwidth to these classes.

I recently moved it from a single gig interface to a VLAN interface.

As I wish to use an ether-channel to increase the bandwidth I have
multiple ports in that VLAN.

When I apply the service-policy to the vlan interface it complains that
it doesn't support the bandwidth command.

Using 6509's with sup32's and 12.2.(18) SXF4

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this or other options?

I was wondering about applying this to a layer3 etherchannel
port-channel interface?

Does this type of interface support service-policies?

thanks

Best Regards

William Jackson
Technical Department