[c-nsp] PPPoE -> VRF Virtual Templates

Ian Henderson ianh at chime.net.au
Fri Mar 3 01:49:08 EST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Matthew Crocker wrote:

> I'm hoping that the router can preselect the VRF via the @domain.com
> part and select a radius server to authenticate off of based on the VRF.
> If not, I'm hoping that the router can assign the customer to the VRF
> based on a RADIUS attribute from our proxy radius server.  Would I need
> a Virtual-Template for each VRF and then assign that template the user?
> Some PVCs are dedicated to a specific VRF, some of them will have
> customers mixed across multiple VRFs

We do the proxy method using Radiator.

Customer dials/DSLs in, RADIUS proxy choses a RADIUS server to send
auth/acct packets to based on DNIS. When the response comes back, the
RADIUS proxy adds VRF information to send back to the LNS/BRAS.

Substituting realm for DNIS should 'just work'.

Check out: http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2005-10/msg00150.html

Rgds,

- I.

--