[c-nsp] 10T MAU transceiver (AUI) 10 full-duplex?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Mon Mar 6 12:08:01 EST 2006

Yes, I have seen that -- AUI *CAN* run full duplex, but not all NICs seem
to support it. It's been a looong time since I played with AUI too (back
in the days of 56k DDS lines, FDDI and HSSI! haha).

If I remember correctly, we were successful running full duplex from a
3com NIC through an Allied Telesyn 10base-T transceiver. You can only run
full duplex with 10base-T (or 10base-FL), 10base-2 and 10base-5 can't run
full duplex since the physical media won't support it.

That was probably 10+ years ago now. I haven't even had any devices around
with AUI ports (except a few 2500's that are CPE) for years. Sounds like
you have some old piece of gear that you need to resurrect.

     -Bill