[c-nsp] ATM Question

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Mon Mar 6 17:31:03 EST 2006

Hi there...

We recently setup a test connection to provide a 'bridged DSL
connection' to a customer - basically a LAN extension via our DSLAM
(which is AFC).   Below is working config:

interface ATM1/0.75 point-to-point
 description Customer Test
 ip address 11.22.33.44 255.255.255.224
 no snmp trap link-status
 atm route-bridged ip
 pvc 80/32

We have a DHCP pool setup and this works perfectly for a single PVC.

Now I'd like to take this configuration and expand it to about 30ish
PVC's that are in a range.

If we do a "pvc range 80/32 80/40" for example nothing works - so this
becomes my question ....

What's the best way to make a PVC range work in this scenario?  My
personal ATM knowledge is minimal as I work with ethernet everyday
(maybe call me spoiled - not sure yet)

Sorry if this is a basic question, I've tried various things and can't
get this to work....;)

The rest of the interface is servicing PPPOE clients and looks like this
and works fine as well:

interface ATM1/0.1 multipoint
 description AFC Traffic
 no snmp trap link-status
 range pvc 0/32 0/600
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 6/32 6/215
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 7/32 7/111
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 8/32 8/200
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 9/32 9/233
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 10/32 10/121
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 12/32 12/97
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 13/32 13/85
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 14/86 14/97
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 15/32 15/33
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 20/32 20/36
  protocol pppoe
 !
 range pvc 50/32 50/63
  protocol pppoe

If I try to convert this to a multipoint interface I get this:

xxxxxx(config)#interface ATM1/0.50 multipoint
xxxxxx(config-subif)# ip address 11.22.33.44 255.255.255.224
xxxxxx(config-subif)# no snmp trap link-status
xxxxxx(config-subif)# atm route-bridged ip
                               ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

xxxxxx(config-subif)#atm ?
  arp-server             Configure IP ARP Server
  classic-ip-extensions  Specify the type of Classic IP extensions
  e164                   E164 Configuration
  esi-address            7-octet ATM ESI address
  multipoint-signalling  Multipoint Signalling
  nsap-address           20-octet ATM NSAP address
  pppatm                 PPP over ATM
  pvc                    Create a PVC
  video                  Video commands
  voice                  Voice commands