[c-nsp] VTP

Scott Altman staltman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:34:50 EST 2006

I will cover my tracks and say it probably depends on versions, tho
most that I've seen in the CatOS and CatIOS flavors have it enabled by
default with the variation being whether its set to Transparent or
not.

In the latest version of CatOS I just looked at, you can't configure
it per port and I'm curious as to why you'd want to.  Best Practices
suggests running Transparent everywhere and manually trunk the VLANs
you want to go places.  Makes it more deterministic and decreases
"start-time" as links come up as you don't need to negotiate what
vlans are allowed, pruned, etc.

- Scott