[c-nsp] 7304 nse-100 routes entry

Nemeth Laszlo csirek at externet.hu
Sun Mar 12 08:56:46 EST 2006

>> Can anybody tell me how many routes entry can support a 7304 with
>> NSE-100?
>
> If you don't do excessive load-sharing, I've seen 400k IPv4 prefixes
> (provided enough DRAM). If you do load-sharing (i.e. need to create many
> CEF loadinfo structures), the number will be reduced. Is this regular IP
> or MPLS-VPN?

I use this router only regular IPv4 BGP ( transit border router, ~180K
prefixes). I will buy an another 7304 NSE100, but i did'n find enough
info about maximum routes entry. So if this router can ~400K prefixes
(and no 256K prefixes limit like 6500+WS-SUP720-3B), i think it will be
enough to the next 3-4 years...

Laca