[c-nsp] Extreme vs. Cisco

William S. Duncanson caesar at starkreality.com
Fri Mar 31 00:37:04 EST 2006

Well, this was published in 2001, and was what finally clued me in to why we
were seeing with the 6808.  Seems that even with the Sup1/2 series, Cisco
still beat the Extreme handily.  I believe they describe the BD's
performance as "anemic".
http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2001/0416rev2.html

The 6808 is still listed as current on Extreme's webpage, and we were
working with the latest MSM's.

Obviously, a single bad experience with an Extreme switch doesn't mean that
their products are substandard.