[c-nsp] Mapping from ATM PVC to Ethernet

Rolf Mendelsohn rolf-web at cyberops.biz
Sat May 6 05:54:58 EDT 2006

Hi Skeeve,

If you want to keep the individual PVC's seperate - i imagine this is a cheap
multi-tenant CPE :>).

then easiest would be to put PVC100 <--> Fa0/1.100 into a vrf and then do the
same with the other PVC's.

On Saturday 06 May 2006 09:09, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Ok.
>
> Equipment - several 7200 routers taking ATM handoffs from different
> DSL/Fibre Providers
>
> I want to take selected PVC's and deliver them to a Cisco 1811 on one of
> the real Fast Ethernets, but have them as individual services such as a
> 0/1.100 interfaces so I can manipulate addresses and so forth.
>
> We're only talking about a dozen or two services handed to the 1811.

Better to use a 1841 or 2811 with a real switch hanging off a port in that
case. (doesn't the 1811 only have 8eth. ports)

cheers
/rolf

> Can anyone give some direction as to how these PVC's would be able to be
> handed off to the 1811? L2F perhaps?
>
> .Skeeve

> Skeeve Stevens, RHCE     Email: skeeve at skeeve.org
> Website: www.skeeve.org  - Telephone: (0414) 753 383
> Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia
>
> eIntellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net

Rolf Mendelsohn
ITA/MAXNET
+244 923524981