[c-nsp] terminal servers - recommendations?

Steve Snodgrass ssnodgra at pheran.com
Wed May 10 15:23:57 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:28:38AM -0700, matthew zeier wrote:
> It's getting harder to find 2511s around here so I'm looking for a new
> terminal server to standardize on.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations on Lantronix, Perle, Cyclades or someone
> else?  I'm using conterm so I don't really need a a feature rich
> terminal server and would love something that uses "Cisco" standard
> serial wiring.

The Digi CM series is pretty nice, and even better, the ports are wired
so that a straight-through RJ45 cable will work with a Cisco console port.

http://www.digi.com/pdf/prd_cm_digicm.pdf

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
Geek Code: GCS d? s: a C++ U++++$ P+++ L++ w PS+ 5++ b++ DI+ D++ e++ r+++ y+*