[c-nsp] HWIC-4ESW, 2821, and Netflow

Stuart Lowes stuart_lowes at coffey.com.au
Sun May 21 23:44:26 EDT 2006

Hi list,

We are looking to upgrade some equipment in our data centre, and I'm
wondering if you could offer some advice. Requirements for the new setup
are Netflow support and up to 25-30Mbit traffic throughput on the
distribution layer routers. Also, EIGRP/OSPF, QoS marking (not policing)
and a small number of ACLs (100-150) will be running on these routers.

We're considering 2821s plus a HWIC-4ESW for each. Would this be
sufficient for the above requirements, or would we need something like a
2851 or even 3800 series?

Also, is Netflow egress and ingress supported on the 2821 with the
HWIC-4ESW? I was unable to find out from Cisco.com whether the HWIC is
Netflow enabled, or only the GE ports on the 2821.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Stuart Lowes
Network Engineer
Coffey International Ltd

Environmental Notice: Please consider the environment before printing this
email.<br><br>

Confidentiality Notice: The content of this message and any attachments
may be privileged, in confidence or sensitive. Any unauthorised use is
expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender, disregard and then delete the email. This email may
have been corrupted or interfered with. Coffey International Limited
cannot guarantee that the message you receive is the same as the message
we sent.  At Coffey International Limited's discretion we may send a
paper copy for confirmation. In the event of any discrepancy between
paper and electronic versions the paper version is to take precedence.
No warranty is made that this email and its contents are free from
computer viruses or other defects.