[c-nsp] ARP entries from another subnet

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed May 31 09:42:09 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 02:55:59PM +0200, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:
> Well, I thought about proxy-arp.

	Try turning it off anyways, proxy-arp just supports
broken netmasks/network configurations anyways and peoples hosts
should be clean now.

	I find it frequently used to drive up the CPU load on various
cisco devices when it shouldn't be used.  Watch that CPU usage come down
when you disable it, but if anyone has the wrong netmask they may
'break', or if you have any silly routes that say:

ip route 1.2.3.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0

	they won't work anymore either, but you likely didn't mean
to do that anyways.

	- jared