[c-nsp] AS5300 Having Connection Errors

Ronen Isaac Ronen at conticomp.com
Thu Nov 9 12:18:38 EST 2006

I have a customer who has an AS5300 w/ 2 E1 and 60 voice channels.  It
has been running fine for the past couple of years or so and then all of
a sudden about 30% of calls started getting connection errors.  They are
also getting the following error: "Firmware invalid in slot 1, bad
technology: Core module capabilities none in slot 1".  I have been
searching for information regarding this error for about a week and have
found nothing.  So I am hoping you guys can help.

>From the above error output it looks like it should be a simple firmware
error but I could be very wrong.  Anyone have any insight as to what the
problem could be?  Has anyone seen this before?

He is going to put it online for me so that I can telnet into it.  Is
there anything I can do to further diagnose the issue?

Thanks in advance! You assistance is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Ronen Isaac

Continental Computers

920 N. Nash St. Bldg B