[c-nsp] 7600, Q-in-Q and VPLS

Jason Greenberg jg at execulink.com
Fri Nov 10 13:52:17 EST 2006

I'd like to revisit this topic, as we're looking at a VPLS
implementation for our company with Cisco 7600s.

Currently, we have 7600s in 4 main locations that act as core routers,
with Regular 8 port GBIC blades facing the core links.  I don't have any
FlexWAN or SPA modules (and I don't even know much about them really).

I would like to use Cisco 3550 series switches to provide dot1q-tunnel
services to the customers in all locations, and then uplink via GigE to
the 7600s.

Givn that I'm only using 3550s and 7600s, what Sup Engines / Port
Adapters will I need to accomplish this task?

Thanks!

Jay Greenberg